Tuesday, May 14, 2013

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Mother's Day is the one day of the year when I expect my kids to do what I want to do, and smile about it. It's my day, so it's all about what I want, right? Exactly.

What I wanted this year was to be near water and take photos. Water nourishes my soul and I love to take photos of my kids' smiling faces. Again, my day- I get what I want.

So, The Big Guy and The Boy packed a picnic lunch and we drove out to the lake- the biggest body of water within umpteen states- and spent the day doing what I wanted to do.


We walked on the beach. 



We looked for shells.


Listened to the breeze.


Acted silly. 


And rode the horsies. Yeah. That happened. 

And then we took a nice group photo with everyone smiling, just like I wanted. 


No, I said with everybody smiling. 


Hey! Little girl in the blue! That means you, kiddo. 


Seriously?


You know what? 

Just...

Nevermind.  

It was still an absolutely wonderful Mother's Day. 











No comments:

Post a Comment