Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One of Those Days

Today has been one of those days. The kind of day that picks up speed like a dirty snowball until it gains unstoppable momentum, sideswipes you and leaves you caddywhompus  on your butt. There was an underhanded smack from somebody’s allergies and asthma. There was a poke from autism.  And a big helping of so-much-for-your-plans with a side of oh-by-the-way.   

It is the oh-by-the-way that makes me want to stand out on the door step and scream at the top of my lungs that karma can kiss my big, white arse. But I won’t. ‘Cause I don’t roll like that. (Well, maybe once in a while, but not this week.) I’ll just drink another Dr. Pepper and suck the life out of a leftover Cadbury crème egg and knit a few rows and take a deep breath because...life. goes. on.  

My oldest girl turned 15 today. So, there was that. That was wonderful.  Oh, if only the day could have just paused right there.

But, it did not.

We were eating lunch when the big guy said “oh, by the way…they tore the basement stairs out today. “

Excuse me? Whaaaaa? The stairs they just built?

Basement stairs, raised.  
They are not exactly 'torn out'. They have simply been raised and held up out of the way with makeshift supports. Because that is normal, right? Eh?!


The hopelessly insulation-clogged plumbing just happens to run right underneath the basement stairs. They were in the path of the jackhammer.

Of course they were. Because, WHY NOT?

Oh. My. Stars. That is a big hole.  
Apparently, the jackhammer rules our basement. Like a boss.

Pardon me now while I inhale my Dr. Pepper.   

Oh, and by the way...

This is what the house looked like on the outside today:

Almost ready for siding.  
There's no place like home. (click) There's no place like home. (click) There's no place like home. (click)

No comments:

Post a Comment