Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolution

I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't like them. For me, they fall into the realm of diets. They don't work. They sound great on January 1st, but a few weeks in they are all but forgotten leaving just the tinge of guilt you feel for not completing them.

I think if you want to make a significant change you should just get off your arse and do it. Why wait for the start of a new year? Why not start on Easter? Or April Fool's Day? Or September 21st? But, I digress.

2012 is a time for new beginnings. The last few years have brought plenty of wonderful things, but also a heap of major events. 2009 brought the end to a job I loved. 2010 brought a serious hip injury for Tuna. 2011 brought more ER visits, physical therapy appointments, broken toes, broken ankles, torn tendons, and nosebleeds. Oh good geez, the nosebleeds! 2012 is a new year for our family...a clean slate.

So, as promised, I shall share with you my 2012 New Year's Resolution. This year, I'm making a commitment. I'm taking the leap. I'm diving in head first. I'm going to do it up right. You'll see. I'll show you. No backing down. No guilt trips down the road. I'm giving this one all I've got.

Are you ready?


You're going to love it...


My 2012 New Year's Resolution is...



I'm Going To Declutter My Entire House!


It's 3:45 on January 1st, and my 2012 New Year's Resolution is DONE. *yawn* *stretch* That was rough, but how wonderful to start the new year all new and organized.

Note: The sponsor of this blog does not endorse or encourage fire as a means of decluttering a home. All actions that lead to decluttering referred to in this blog were performed by a professional slow cooker aka 'stupid Crock Pot'. Please do not try this at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment